The Astoria seems like a cool venue, and many very big names have played their at some point on their rise to super-stardom; but sadly, after the beginning of next year, this venue will probably cease to exist to make way for the Crossrail project (another subway line in London). The city as pledged to build a replacement. At least I had the chance to visit it once before its destruction, a chance I wish I had for CBGB before it moved from its history Bowery Street location in Manhattan to Las Vegas.
After playing an amazing set full of old favorites and fresh new sounds, and also the obligatory confetti cannons, Less Than Jake payed tribute to the venue they would play in for the last time, and took a group bow to the audience and then to the stage.

1 comment:
That's is cool that you got to see them in London. Small world, after all! Glad to see you are having a good time and balancing school and fun.
Post a Comment