Today, I will be writing my entry in notepad before transferring it to Blogspot. With the scarce internet access around here, it is impractical to visit the internet cafe every day to get along with checking my email and posting stuff here. I also have some wonderful pictures from a midday bus tour of central London we took yesterday. Some things to note about the pictures you see:
The changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace:



Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament:

St. Paul's Cathedral:

London City Hall:

The downtown financial district:

The Millennium Bridge:

St. Pancras International Rail Station:

And my favorite, of course, the Eurostar:

Sorry for the short entry, but sometimes pictures can speak louder than words. Tonight we are supposed to go see a show at a theater downtown, I will open my bank account tomorrow and register for classes later this week, More to come later!

5 comments:
Nice pics. What's the bullet shaped building? Very cool. i especially like the protest photo.
That building is called the "Gherkin," a recent addition to the City's skyline. It houses primarily financial company offices. Yes, those protesters were something else...
Ok, I wanted to visit BEFORE I saw pictures.....
Now, I'm just jealous!
Looks like you are settling in well. I laughed when I read about the "no regard for pedestrians" because I know exactly what you mean! Watch out, because it seems like people wouldn't hesitate to hit you!
Great Pictures Nick! London looks nice this time of year!
Post a Comment